Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Felted Shrooms...


This summer I spent a week in North Carolina, at the John C. Campbell Folk Art School.  Each fabulous day I spent 6 plus hours learning the art of both wet and needle felting.  While exploring the grounds in between classes (and sometimes during), I became enamored with the local forest fungi.  I've never seen such beautiful looking mushrooms in my life...and I'm pretty sure prior to this experience the closest I've  ever been to wild mushrooms were the white lawn variety!  Anyhow, I decided that I would spend my time at the JCCFS needle felting forest mushrooms.  When I got back, I put them in a shadow box for display...***By the way, the super cute red cross stitched bird was a gift from my friend Karla.  She designs the cross stitching patterns herself and sells them on Etsy (including the finished pieces like my little red bird).  You can find her shop at:  www.etsy.com/shop/kattuna)....

No comments:

Post a Comment